Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Road Less Taken

I'm sick of people telling you what's the best for you when they don't know squat about squid. Best way to go is always on your own sometimes. And in this case, it's the pedals I'm after! Forum after forum, video after video, guitarists and musicians alike has been telling me to go get those Boss D1 and Metal Zone pedals, because for the level I'm at and the budget I have, it's a no brainer. Well I've done my own tireless research into the matter and have found the cheapest possible alternative to my solution. 

                                                           Danelectro Pedals.

Haha well not exactly. It's been around wherever I've been browsing so I kept it in the back of my head and when it came down to price, nothing beats these. See, yes I do agree Boss will beat the crap out of these hands down when it comes down to quality and tone, but I'm sacrificing them for the price. It's dirt cheap. Plus, after having watched a few demo and sound videos of the damned things on youtube, I'm convinced that these Danelectro FAB pedals are just as good and convenient as most pedals out there, not including Boss ones and others of that level. So behold, the cheapest looking, odd-colored, fragile looking pedals you will ever see!



Yup and there they are. As cheap looking as they are, I want them for that reason alone. Cheap. Before I get to the price, lets talk about it. The black on is the classic metal looking sounding pedal. After watching reviews, it does offer a lot of twang and tone but my only concern is that it isn't true bypass. Other than that, I'd love a metal pedal to compliment the distortion and wah wah and what not.

The red one is distortion, obviously. Told you I couldn't live without it. After hearing it in action, I'm pretty stoked about getting this at that particular price. Hang on, I'm getting to that. However my only concern about this pedal is the same as the first. True bypass. I'll check with Bentleys in a few days. Okay, now let's get to the price. What caught my attention to these babies you ask? 

Well, both pedals come in at RM 85.

No comments: