Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Finish Line




Was in sight, and now it's crossed. Over. A semester we all want to forget i'm sure, 
thanks to all the shit that we've been put through by one asshole with a bulbous head. Hopes no other institute will take him in. What a lousy lecturer. Anyway, enough about him. It's been endless talk of murdering him all summer. 

How have I been spending the break? Well , I've just been reading and playing FIFA10. Nothing much for now, and the boredom is getting to me. Waiting for friends to come back from distant places to carry out our random trips here and there. And meantime musically, waiting for the other guys of the band to plan rehearsals and get back to me. We'll see how that pans out. And somewhere in the back of my mind I am seriously considering my mum's offer of working at this ' joint', paying me RM 8.50 and hour. I like. I'll dwell on it for a couple of days.

Let's go back to the books. I'm active again on Shelfari, so If you wanna share books or browse through my shelve, do visit me. Link is at the bottom left. 


Here's what I just finished reading.

I'm a huge Crichton fan. For those who don't know him, he's the guy who wrote these brilliant novels (which later on got turned into film). Congo, The Andromeda Strain, Prey, Jurassic Park, and The Lost World, just to name a few. Pirate Latitudes is not his best, but it definitely is worth a read, if you're into sea adventure and pirates. The research he did about the 16th century in this book is phenomenal. I enjoyed it and I'll give it 4 out of 5.

And, I'm currently reading this.

I'm such a war junkie. The book is all about the 101st Airborne, of Easy Company and how they fared in the war, from the start of  training to the end of the war. I'm almost halfway, and it's brilliant stuff.

Anybody interested in borrowing or trading books, leave a message =).

So the other day at jamming, Wai Chun came to take pics. And they were really nice. Thanks man. Here's a sneak peek. 

Refreshing. So! I took some of my own with my ' caplang ' cam and edited them. Hehe.




Okeh. that's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I'm not active on Shelfari but Goodreads. xDD Haven't read much of Michael C. though. I love war-era books, but hahaha, my interests basically lies less with the training/military etc, but the casualties. xD

Gorgeous pics. :)