Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Sony Bloggie HD

Taking a break from studying IMC slides to blog about something I saw in Summit earlier. These days, we take pics in insane amounts, videos likewise. The way I see it, everyone has a DSLR. Nearly 1 in every 3 friends has one. They asked me if I'm going to get mine. Well even if I wanted to, it's just way too expensive, and there is no way I or my mum and sis could cough up sums that go up to about RM5k. Nuts. 

My sis bought this Cannon Digital Ixus 80Is last year, and I've been using it to take pics, vids and even record acoustic songs. Gosh I wish I had a job and a good income. Few things I need to buy and I'm going to add this piece of lil' brilliance to the list! I found a new handheld HD Camcorder/Pic taker that I want to invest in for myself and my band, so I can return the Cannon to my sis =)

Presenting the new Sony Bloggie MHS-CM5


This thing is so damn cool, it blew my mind first time I saw it. The features are pretty cool, compared to most other handycams, this one has a 5X Optical zoom, which is rad. Main interface is so damn simple to use. Open the LCD Screen to use, and then just click either of 3 Buttons, Play for playback, Record for shooting pics and taking vids, and Menu. The Bloggie is pretty small and compact, about the size of an Iphone at minimum, so it fits into most pockets and almost all small bags. Perfect for me and my college/wild lifestyle of course. The reason why they call it a Bloggie is because of it's instant way you can transfer pictures and videos to the net. Here's the best part. With the Bloggie, there is no mess of wires and stuff. It has an in-built USB connector, like such.

This makes transferring pics and vids such a breeze, that I can even do it in college on the spot. Genius. So it'll look like this when its connected. Keep your eyes on the blue bloggie to the left.
What else can I say about this pocket lifestyle companion? Although the bloggie doesn't come with any memory card, SD cards and Sony Memory Stick Duos are compatible. Which means the current memory card that the Cannon cam is using can be used too. It also has AV and HDTV ports to connect to tv's and HD tv's which is a huge plus. 

So yeah I've pretty much made up my mind to get this one. Price? It ranges from RM800-1000. So bloody worth it i tell you. Well it's not that easy to get in my case, but give me a few months and I'll probably own this baby by then =)

For those of you interested, watch the review for the Sony Bloggie here.

No comments: