Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cocktails, Books, Ice Cweams

It has been everything indulgence couldn't spell this past week. Let's start with the books then. After completing Arthas of the W.O.W series, I was in desperation and needing something to read. I did read Stephan King's Dreamcatcher, but it got so scary I had to stop, and go watch the movie on Youtube instead. Hahaha. Well, I've been writing too, but I'm no robot and I needed a break from it I suppose. So i think it was Jyen who told me that there was a book sale going on in summit, so I had to go check it out. I went twice already, and in overall bought 6 new books. ( 5 really, cause the last one is cocktail recipe book, more on that later ). So on the first day I went with Kev, we just scouted the books and the price, but later at mph, I went looking for a couple of books that I had listed down. The reviews for The Hunger Games and Halo : Cole Protocol were off the charts on Shelfari, so I just had to check it out for myself.  On the second day, I took Jyen since she wanted to get a few books too, and it was fun browsing books. She thinks i'm girly cause I read girl-related novels. Oh well. lol. The rebates from the sale were insane. We bought a combined total of 8-9 books, and it cost us rm 60. It's frigging cheap. Books that are priced around rm 20-30, you could get at half price, and I bought a few that offered a 70% rebate. Book people, go check it out. You have until December the 6th.


As of now, I'm currently reading The Hunger Games, and it's very interesting. Best part is, it's a trilogy,  and the movie is coming out sometime next year. Kinda reminds me of when I first read Twilight over a year and half ago. Little did I know the movies was coming out, but gosh did it suck balls. I hope THG will be a much better movie. =D




Moving on, I also bought that 500 cocktail encyclopedia thing. I love alcoholic drinks ( sorry mum, I just do ), and this is like a must have to my collection. I've always wanted to throw a cocktail party among my close friends, and now that brad has a brand new huge crib, we just might make that happen X) Maybe we'll make that sometime in December. But that would mean we'd have to go shopping for a variety of ingredients.  Since i'm a bit hyper I'll list down the things I'm pretty sure we'll be needing.


A Bottle OF
Gin
Whiskey
Vodka
Rum
Tequila =D
Creme de menthe 
Blue Curacao
Baileys
Wines
Sparkling Mineral Water/Soda water/ tonic water/ cola/ lemonade/ fresh juices.


Yup those would be the liquids. All I need now is to find a damn cocktail Shaker!! If anybody knows where to get one, drop me a message somewhere. And here's that very informative and tempting cocktail book.





So yeah, that's that for books. I'm gonna have my hands full with reading and writing these hols. Now on to the ice cweam. Went to have a few scoops with Kev, Yuffie and Sonia at Baskin Robbins. Gosh yuffie! No offence but your driving sucks. hahaha! And then we got our ice cweams, they all took single scoops while I had a double sundae thing, which was pretty delicious. Chit chat and laughed and laughed. Also realized I have a lot in common with Sonia. The last time I remembered her this open flowing and chatty was..the good charlotte concert back in 07. But even then she didn't talk much..Shy Person! X) She was ketua spotcheck in U4. Hahaha what a coincidence.  So to end this post, here's the pics. Sonia's planning korean bbq for wednesday night, so we'll see what transpires then.







No comments: