Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Call the Cops!

Where do all these awesome bands come from? Gosh I wish there was more like you out there. Anyway! Call the Cops! is an awesome electro powerpop dance band that I think you should DEFINITELY know about. I spent the entire break time in library today doing my research about them, and not many bands make it into my fav list. You guys do =) Their sound is very similar to the likes of other powerpop dance bands such as FTSK, Boys will be Boys and The Friday Night Boys. All in all, they stand out to me because their music is pulsating, fresh, and distinctive. AbsolutePunk.net head reviewer Josh Alas said CTC!'s music was made for the dancefloor, and specially crafted for full volume on your headphones and earphones. Tried, tested and approved, by me =D So moving on, they released their ep ' Motion Sickness' this year, and the album contains a few awesome tracks that YOU NEED TO HAVE. Their hit single is of course , ' Motion Sickness '. The longer title is the remixed version. Other awesome songs include ' Love like Novacaine', 'Closer', and ' Room 410'.






Since they are a fairly new band, i suggest you have a listen, and secure your bragging rights to knowing about them first before they get famous, because they certainly will X) And they already have a music video for Love Like Novacaine which I will post up, but its the Motion Sickness vid that im waiting for! =( The making looked pretty awesome, its due out October. I can't fucking wait!




So that's that. Call the Cops! are pretty fresh. I'm just hyperly happy that I've loaded up with new music. And, I'll update again with plenty more unheard of bands that i've found. whee

Playlist Additions this week
- ALL Call the Cops! songs.
- Afternoon Delight BROCAPELLA VERSION by Van Atta High
- So Call It Off by The I Drive
- Baby Girl, This is a Stickup by The Bay State
- Mary's Christmas by First Class Fever

No comments: